Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

I'm another year older.  41 as of yesterday, and so far I think I'm a pretty kick ass 41!!

I'm in bed next to the same man I have been head over heels in love with for eighteen years. He still holds my hand while we are out shopping, opens doors for me, carries anything heavy without a grumble, never hesitates to steal a kiss, and can make me laugh through my tears.

Our daughters have grown into beautiful, headstrong, opinionated, hysterically sarcastic, intelligent, ambitious and loving human beings.  They value family and understand the pecking order in life. Family first. Period. They have faced the nightmare of losing their brother together.  They have shown me how to love CJ openly and without boundaries

. Yet their individuality shines through all of those  beautiful, dark eyes.

Our circle of friends has evolved and continues to.  We have learned who will really be there for you through the shit, and who just wants a cheap kitchen remodel out of your husband.  We had to face quiet weekends alone while the evolution happened, but with time the calendar started to fill up again. Including my sweet little buddy that file my days with chaos and laughter.

Last year I stumbled through a day about giving thanks. Ouch.  My wounded heart was furious still with God.  This year we have taken some big strides to repair that mess.   And I am so truly thankful for all of my blessings. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!  Wishing us all a day of peaceful moments and happiness.  Drop the drama, put on your holiday finest, and go be with your families.  I'll be mixing pitchers of cranberry sangria and soaking in some time with my parents who are coming in from out of state.  I'm letting go of a lot of clutter in my heart for the day.  A sweet little boy will help me #doitforcj...

(Thank you for all of the birthday well wishes!!!  I tried to reply to every one, but if I missed you, thank you!!! I spent the day with a house full of kids skipping school and Colton amusing us all with his antics)

No comments:

Post a Comment