Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Stupid comments

You all know how much I LOVE a stupid comment.   99% of things said to me are said from a place of love.  Even if it's awkward, I can appreciate the situation is awkward and feel so loved for the attempt.

But sometimes stupidity reigns it's ugly head.

I have received so many sweet gifts to help us remember CJ.  I love to share them like other parents get to share pictures of thier children.  I've never been a collector of anything,  so my growing owl collection makes me smile, and anything in his sweet memory touches my heart.

A bit ago,  the most beautiful owl drawing showed up in the mail on a really crummy day. I cried my eyes out when I opened it and couldn't wait to share.  This was a gift from a fellow baby loss mommy who has become a very special person to me.  I shared pictures before and after framing in complete gratitude.   The comments were so sweet and supportive.  I smile every time I walk by it framed on the wall.

This morning I shared a key chain the hospital gave me as a thank you from a speaking engagement.  Again,  the support was beautiful.  I think so many truly understand my gratitude and the comfort these things bring.

Then I got an inbox message.

"Maybe you should lay off collecting all these gifts from people.  Stuff won't bring your son back. "

No,  I didn't respond.   I simply clicked unfriend.

My only response I could come up with would be NO SHIT!!

I can not possibly show everyone how grateful I am every time you remember CJ.  The pictures of owls I get daily make me smile!  I love every single one and often those messages keep me from crumbling.  Every gift is cherished and put in a special place to bring us comfort and a smile.   Every card is saved and often I even print out messages to put in his scrap book. 

My 3lb10oz kiddo has moved mountains.  He has brought so much love into our lives.  Every time someone does something to comfort us, they are remembering him.   CJ's legacy of love continues to be infectious as people share with us how they #doitforcj.

So let me take a moment to thank all of our prayer warriors. That beautiful 99% that understand our desperate need to keep physical reminders of our son everywhere we look.   You are why I keep going every single day!  

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Xoxoxo. Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment