Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New doors...

There wasn't a door there.  When we moved in, we decided to make a bedroom for college kid/future guestroom or den out of the dining room.  We looked at the floorplan on the first floor and decided we have plenty of space. We walled off one part and added a new door in the kitchen.  My creativity was running wild when I asked my contractor/dh to leave an open space over the door for a decorative metal touch (that I've yet to find).  The wall was framed to easily install French doors when it no longer needs to be bedroom #5.  It was built to grow with us.

So now we have the opposite situation.  We have less than expected living under our roof. College kid took an internship at wdw for the semester. CJ is not here to occupy the nursery. Most nights we find our other 2 daughters sharing a room.  Everyone just needs to feel close to someone.  5 bedrooms/2 typically occupied.  We built walls and installed a door to create unused spaces.  What do we do with that?

Unfortunately clutter is starting to accumulate in the unused room. I had big plans to sew in there, but the isolation from the rest of the house is unnerving. I wonder if we will ever exhale and spread into the corners again.

Maybe uncertainty is ok for now.  Holding on close to eachother physically while we heal emotionally.  I feel CJ most present when we are together. I'm going to embrace that new door this week. That room represents plans we had for our family. It's time to open that door and embrace the space! Stay tuned for an update later this week while I #doitforcj!!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment