Monday, February 3, 2014

Thank you!!!

"if everyone keeps breathing, nobody will faint".  These are the words our priest whispered to us at the alter the day we were married!  One of our favorite quotes all these years later.

Keep breathing.  Words we whisper to eachother often.  Today I saw my ob.  We talked about CJ like we always do, and she asked me how we have managed to not only survive, but bloom.  We spoke about faith, love, and hope.  But in the end, I explained that we just keep breathing.

I have had a hard couple of days.  Sleep has not come easy and the nights have been long and restless. With me unemployed, my husband had taken on the financial brunt of getting us through these hard times.  I have struggled with a loss of independence that comes with helping provide for my family. Preparing our tax return had also brought on a tidalwave of emotions with CJ not being acknowledged. 

While I sat fighting tears in front of a stack of financial documents and my laptop, my phone beeped with a message.  I read the words over and over.  Then, with tears rolling down my cheeks and I finally took a breath.  An angel was taking a burden off of my plate.  With a chunk of the weight on my chest being lifted, I could breathe.  And what do you know... Hope snuck right up through the cracks!

With all of the help, love, support, and prayers we have been gifted with, we have survived.  I will pay it forward for the rest of my life.  The lessons that CJ has brought to so many need to continue to be shared.  If I can help other grieving parents,  I will share our story for the rest of my life!

I started CJ's page and this blog as a place of hope.  Little did I know how many examples of selfless love I would experience. Thank you my angels for simply sharing this journey with me.  It doesn't matter if I know you personally or not, YOU are an incredible blessing in my life.  I humbly ask you keep those prayers coming as we continue to put the pieces back together.  #doitforcj

keeping all of my angel readers in thankful prayer tonight, especially a special soul who brought hope to my heart ...

Jen  xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful to hear you talk about surviving. You were chosen to #doitforcj.

    ReplyDelete