Sunday, June 1, 2014

change...

Change is terrifying.  It used to thrill me.  Anyone who has known us through the years has seen us move at the drop of a hat.  I can pack a 4 bedroom home in the matter of days, and unpack it even quicker.   I love to explore a new home.  Finding the perfect place for a family picture, wondering where a nick in a door frame came from, and eventually putting the finishing touch on a room to make it look as if we had been there for years.  It comes easily to me- adapting to new color schemes or architectural styles.  I soak up decorating sights.  Repurposing furniture brings me a sense of satisfaction.  I love the puzzled look as someone notices a dresser that was once in a bedroom placed in an entryway with new knobs.  Or an afternoon spray painting my newest roadside/garage sale find.  For me, a house is a home when people walk in the front door and feel at peace.  Surrounded by our favorite reminders of adventures and times together.  The address means very little to me.

So it should be no great surprise that we are ready to redefine home once again.  Our current home was chosen particularly for a life we daydreamed for, but was swept out from under us.  We moved in just in time to decorate a nursery and begin to baby proof.  A baby shower was thrown in the back yard overlooking the pond.  Yet eventually the house was filled with flowers and sympathy notes.  The nursery and abundance of items gleefully placed in every nook a reminder of a plan.  A plan that we thought we were promised by a positive pregnancy test, making it to the half way mark, and joyously celebrating just 2 more weeks until CJ joined us.  At home.  This house to be specific.

Change is in the air my friends.  And with the decision to make a change has come a bit of peace for all the sweet inhabitants within these walls.  CJ will be with us wherever we are.  For now, I'm tackling a stack of cardboard with a hopeful heart.  Our adventures are far from over....

#doitforcj

No comments:

Post a Comment