Sunday, April 13, 2014

Privacy? Hahahaha!

We used to be quite private people.  While I may be vocal on social media, true details of our home life were never as clear as some assumed.  I was really good at walking the line of allowing many things to stay behind closed doors.

I have tried here.  Skirting giving full names or school info on our children, cautiously watching what info could be gathered from any picture I add, and often changing info just enough to not be easily pinpointed.

The comical part is when on vacation recently, it was family that used social media to track our every move! Lol  Not maliciously by any means, but one picture posted by one of our girls with a location tag has seemed to cause more drama than social media is worth! 

If you have been following along, you know I'm unemployed and this trip was done on a shoestring budget with the help of gifts/free park passes/living off of pasta and pbj for 2 months!  Many knew it was beyond a treat for us and excitedly waited updates which was fun until weather changed up our plans.  We were able to have our oldest with us for an extra 2 days so our focus was on being together and time was precious.  We just didn't make as many stops or spend as much time with some people that we planned to.

So I returned home to be not only unfriended but blocked by family on fb (let's all say it together-oooooOOOOOoooo!)  For a few days in embarrassed disbelief I contemplated how to dig myself out of a hole.  But now it occurs to me....

Who seriously gives a shit???

Nate, Kate, Tori, Skye, CJ.  That's who matters most.  While I love so many, my focus had to be on us for awhile.

So expect us to occasionally bail on plans.  Rely on inconsistency from my clan.  Bet on our appearances. But most importantly, respect the fact that while I share my crazy journey of hope, I am allowed my privacy.

If you follow any of us through here, fb, twitter, instagram... Thank you!!  We enjoy sharing our lives with you!  We will continue to #doitforcj so other families know they are not alone.  We will talk about the laughter and tears,  hopes and dreams, faith and doubts. 

Family, friends, and everyone who fails in between- If you feel the need to leave this social media party, or like posting snarky quips targeting at me, adios!  Don't let the social media door smack you on the way out!

For the rest of us, tomorrow is a new day. 8 months and 1 day since we said goodbye to CJ.  Thank you for being along for the wild ride!

The picture is one I finally enlarged and framed.  The first since we lost CJ.  pictures without him just hurt my heart. BABY STEPS...

Jen

#doitforcj

On a technical note, I have been made aware that many are unable to post comments. I'm working on it!  And I thought nobody had anything to say...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment